Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Myers-Briggs Again

We were sitting at the Arch Street Tavern last week, talking about our Myers-Briggs profiles when Colin looked at me and started to say, "you're an E..." I very rudely interrupted him, proclaiming that I have never been an Extrovert. I am an INFP, and I will always be one. Except, the introspective part of me became curious and I decided to take a Myers-Briggs analysis. The results were shocking.

My Myers-Briggs has changed dramatically. I'm apparently an ENFJ, which makes sense considering my choice of professions. So now I'm at another McLuhanesque set or circumstances. That guy always seems to be popping up.

Way back in high school when I chose to become a teacher, I was an introverted, shy guy. In college I shaped the tools that allowed me to become an educator, and somehow or other those tools have shaped me into a completely different personality. So Colin, nice work with your flawless assessment.

And I couldn't be happier.

3 comments:

Mattyd said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mattyd said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mattyd said...

Brings new meaning to the phrase "know thyself" when your prof understands your personality type better than you!

Where were you able to take a Myers-Briggs so quickly? Is there something online?