Monday, December 12, 2005

Dilemma

A colleague of mine offered me this enticing offer:

"Hi Brett - my neighbor started a new business of that 5 minute dating thing... Her first one is for young uns (well, she writes under 45, but I think most of them are in their 30's) - and you're the only young single guy I know. Do you have any friends that would be interested in this? It's at Black eyed Sallys this Wednesday night."

To which I replied "How old do you think I am?" (I'm 25)

My initial reaction was that even if I was old enough, I wouldn't want to go. I still have fantasies of magically meeting someone without even trying. Not saying this is a bad thing, but I just can't do it. Except I've been thinking about doing it merely to blog about it. Which opens up a whole new issue about blogging. If I go to it simply to blog it, will it then not be genuine? So I'm asking you, my fantastic audience, what you think. Leave no stone unturned.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's still genuine, because we're in on it too. Also, if you go, we don't have to (but we can still satisfy our curiosity).

Be our guinea pig. What's the worst that could happen? Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

Bora Zivkovic said...

Do it, of course!

It's like being an embedded journalist (and you may even end up in bed!). You are sacrificing an hour or so for the benefit of humanity (OK, a few of us, but if you do it, I'll link to your story). I am not going to continue with bad puns by invoking Deep Throat....

e said...

Go and blog. Why the hell not?

Btw, "wise" people have told me from time to time that "when you're not looking anymore, that's when you'll find" it/her/him/whatever.

I think they're full of crap, but I thought I'd pass that along. And, come to think of it, I did meet my last girlfriend when I "was least expecting it".