Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Insecurity

My friend The Jones, wrote this really fantastic post about how everyone is insecure. He sites a mutual friend, who at first glance seems completely comfortable with himself. But if you go deeper he has the same fears and anxieties that we all of. He's worried people will not like him despite how handsome and good looking he is.

My thought is to just stop caring about crap like that, but it's easier said than done. We all have to get up in the morning and look at ourselves in the mirror. Some days we like what we see, others we don't. That's the way life is, and rather than pretend like it's not there, we must embrace insecurity. We must grab our anxieties, understand they are there and wrestle them to the ground. Some days we will be pinned, others we will beat the shit out of them and walk away, leaving behind a bloody mass of worry.

I'm done ignoring all my doubts and fears. Sometimes I think jamming them into my subconscious makes them worse. They pop up and out of nowhere I become depressed. If I face them and deal with them, I feel as if I can control them.

We'll see how that works out tonight at speed dating. Remember people, I'm doing it for you.

1 comment:

Papa Bill said...

What's insecurity? (and do I need to know?)