Monday, November 28, 2005

Further Weekend Shenanigans

Sometimes I go out with my friends to unique places in order to be more pluralistic about life. In this case, a group of us decided on Friday night to go to a drag show in Hartford. Now that's something that can be blogged about.

Many hijinks ensued, including my friends forcing me to get read by a psychic tarot card drag queen who kept telling me how adorable I was. Yeah, I know, it's the way I smile in that innocent schoolboy way. I just can't help it.

She (he?) did give me some serious gems about my life:

My boyfriend is mad at me, and I need to deal with it immediately otherwise he will find a new man.

My mom is furious with me about a financial situation relating to me being a child. She also wears her hair in a bun, is really short and has a birthmark on her face.

I wear my emotions on my sleeve (you don't need tarot cards to figure that out).

I have a long lost brother who lives out of the country. He's probably tall, dark and handsome and when I find him I need to bring him over to talk to the tarot card reader.

She also at one point looked at me and asked "what the hell is wrong with you?" but gave no explanation as to why she asked that. Several things popped into my head, but I didn't feel like passing them on.

Afterwards, we had the prerequisite diner experience in which I ate far too much and then proceeded to feel sick for most of the night. Now that's classy.

No comments: