Monday, November 07, 2005

Bad Dooce, Bad!

Last week in class Matt made a point of noting that Heather from Dooce changed the format of her website in order to squeeze in more ads. Her readers were apparently complaining about her new format. I've always loved Heather's website, and so my reaction was that I would always be a loyal follower of hers. It took me a couple of days, but I finally checked out her new format, thinking it couldn't possibly be that bad.

But it is that bad, and possibly worse. The new format is so uninviting, that I really don't care anymore. I understand how her family needs the money now that her husband is out of work, but screwing up your website is not the way to do it. Please Heather, change it back to the inviting, fun and quirky format before, otherwise I suspect you might see your regular readers migrate to others. The love affair is over.

No comments: