Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Thoughts While Spinning

Okay, I can do this. I feel good today. We've done this before. Let's just get through this and I can take a long shower. Wow, it's freezing in here. Don't they ever turn the heat on. Okay she's here. Wow, she looks great. I'll do it for her. As much as I hate it, I'll push the bike further. Okay, now push. Push, push, push. Don't stare. Crap, she caught me. Did she smirk? I couldn't see. It felt like one of those awkward moments you share in a bar. Except we are spinning. Good, my body is warming up. Sweat, sweat, sweat. Crap, she wants to do seated endurance climbs. I hate seated climbs. Hate, hate, hate. Keep your breathing steady. I hate seated climbs. My legs are burning. It's five minutes and my legs burn. How the hell am I going to do this? I have like fifty minutes to go. Burning, burning, burning. Ow, ow, ow, ow. I can't do this. Yes I can, she'll help me. She's nuts, she wants us to turn the resistance up again. Ow, ow, ow. My legs. No, I won't. Not again. How dare you? Crazy. Crazy, crazy, crazy. What the hell is wrong with her? I can do this. No, I can't. I can, I can't. But I am. Your leg is about to snap. Snap, snap, snap. Oh thank God.... a recovery. Quarter finished. Water, water, water, water...breathe, breathe, breathe. 30 seconds, be careful. You can make it. Go, go, go, go, no. We are doing seated climbs AGAIN. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HER? Oh we are up, thank you. My legs pump. Pump, pump, pump. Sweat, sweat, sweat. Resistance up, resistance up, resistance up. Spin spin spin spin spin. No! No back in the saddle. Ahhh. I''m gonna die, I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die, I'm not, am, not, am, not, am. I hate you, I love you. Recovery, breathe, choke, breathe, choke, choke, choke, breathe. Halfway through. Don't forget water, check your heart rate. I love this song. Did she pick this for me? Great taste. Pump out of the saddle. Pull, pull, pull, push, push, push, die, die, die. Sweat burns, sweat, sweat, sweat. Almost home... Quarter left. It's hot in here. Why is it so hot? Don't they have fans? Pump, pump, pump, pump. I hate this. Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate. Good, another recovery. We are stopping five minutes early. What the hell? Cheated. I'll make it up somewhere else. Wipe the sweat down. Smile, smile, smile, smile. Don't forget to thank her.

No comments: