Thursday, October 13, 2005

I'm A Sinner

Okay, so I'm working on Yom Kippur, and eating, and writing this blog so I suppose I'm a pretty awful person. But, in a way, God and I understand each other and generally stay out of each others lives. God knows I like eating, updating my blog and going to work.

Well, the last part is kind of true. I do like skipping work, but only in moderation. Skipping work as a teacher invites all sorts of headaches.

To atone for my bad Judaism, I invite you to please read The Chosen by Chaim Potok. As a Jewish person, I was fascinated by the accurate portrayal of how hard it is for Jewish people to live in America and try to exist in two worlds. However, my non-Jewish friends tell me the novel is more about growing up and finding your own place in the world. Whatever religion you happen to be (or not be for that matter) I'm sure The Chosen will strike some emotional chord. A friend of mine said it made him cry during a layover in Spain. Now that is affect.

On another entirely different note, I've started a new project. Check it out if you've got some time.

There God, are you happy now? I may not have done the whole religious atonement thing, but I did my best to get people to read one of the greatest Jewish authors (or authors in general) who ever lived.

No comments: