Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Stress Doesn't Even Cover It

Yes, I know, I entirely failed to write a Valentine's Day posting. So Happy Valentine's Day Rachel McAdams, Ashlee Simpson, Kate Beckinsale, Heather Graham, Jennifer Morrison, Natalie Portman, Uma Thurman, Eliza Dusku, Elisha Cuthbert and, of course, the much loved and missed Spinning Instructor. You should all be receiving a wonderful card with a 5x7 headshot enclosed. Maybe not my headshot, but it's still a damn good looking man.

A friend told me I seemed "distracted" this week which I think is a very nice way of saying I seem like more of a Jittery McStressalot than usual. There are reasons, the primary being that I have a gazillion things to do in the next three days. I'm in the process of writing my first real graduate paper in years, which is going a lot better than I originally thought. The other is that I'm traveling to Texas on Friday. Excited and nervous tend to translate into roughly the same emotion for me. So please understand, if I'm short with you this week, or (more) weird, or "distracted," take it with a grain of salt. Or better yet, a whole desert of salt.

No comments: