Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Snooze

I'm a relentless snooze button masher. I often set my alarm clock to go off much earlier just for the joy of hitting the snooze button multiple times. The snooze button is one of my great addictions.

This morning, I began to wonder why and came to the realization that I'm being silly. I honestly wake up and think to myself "I'm exhausted now, but 5 and a half minutes from now, I should be feeling terrific." Inevitably I feel worse because I realize I was wrong. I've been sold out by the earlier me. The awful realization that I have to get up and go to work anyways passes over me.

I'm hoping the answer will be a Clocky. The Clocky solves two of my problems. It makes sure I don't have access to a snooze button after my first time, and it distracts the cats, so they don't pin me down. They don't like their primary caregiver leaving to go to work.

Sadly, Clocky is coming out sometime in the distant never...

No comments: