Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Pixar

I've always initially hated the premise of most Pizar movies. My first reaction has always been the "that just doesn't sound like a good idea" followed by my determination to not see the film. Yet, as time goes by, Pixar releases trailers that become progressively more interesting. So I always go off to see them and end up enjoying the films immensely.

So it was with Cars, which felt like a Pixar hiccup to me. After all, how could Pixar possibly make a world inhabited merely by Cars feel realistic? For the true magic of Pixar is how they manage to make a totally fantastical and off the wall world and ground it in reality. I just wasn't sure I would leap for Cars the same way that I have for Toy Story, Finding Nemo, etc.

But they pulled it off in a dramatic and believable way. I bought every bit of the world of Cars. If you haven't seen it yet, you should. It truly is great.

On an unrelated note, I am holding a rally for Lewis the Cat outside of Petsmart in Manchester at 3:30 today. The Queen of all Cats will be speaking about the rights of cats. Okay, not really, but wouldn't that be fun?

1 comment:

Hero Supreme said...

cars is definitely another worthy entry in the pixar hit list. it may not match the incredibles, but i enjoyed it better than bugs or fish.