Thursday, March 16, 2006

I Am Not Crazy Cat Man

Yes, I have two cats. I understand the social stigma of a single male having two cats around his tiny apartment. My cats are different though. They are fantastic in their unique un-catlike qualities. I wouldn't give them up for anything.

So it was with great apprehension that I discovered a freezing and starving cat sitting next to my door when I came home last night. She was a beautiful calico cat. What struck me was that she was willing to have me come and pet her. I knew then that she wasn't a feral cat. She was either lost or abandoned.

After a bit of a struggle, I managed to grab the cat and bring her into my apartment. She was nervous. I was nervous as well, not knowing how my cats would react. It wasn't good. There was lots of hissing and crying and most of it wasn't from me.

Needless to say, she's now sitting in my bathroom, waiting to see what I'll do with her. I'm thinking I might bring her to the shelter, where she can get properly treated and adopted. She's an adorable and well-mannered little thing, but I just can't deal with the stigma of being a single guy with three cats.

2 comments:

zorlack said...

Crazy cat people

Mattyd said...

Do it! 2 cats versus 3 is not a big deal. Our perception of your level of insanity will only rise fractionally.