Friday, March 31, 2006

Cautiously Nervous

I know rationally that I'm not really nervous about the show tonight. Indeed, I'm looking forward to it. Yet people seem hellbent on making me nervous. Thus far today I've had this conversation about a hundred times:

"Hey"

"Hey Brett"

"Whats up?"

"You nervous about tonight's debut?"

"Not really. It should be good."

"So you're not worried about your writing debut? It's a big night for you. I hope it's good."

"Like I said, it's good."

"You nervous about forgetting a line?"

"It's usually funnier when people forget their lines. Makes the show feel more amateur."

"Well just don't be nervous because you might screw up if you're nervous."

"I've done this before. It's not a big deal."

"Well Mr. Funnyman, break a leg and all. Don't be too nervous. I'll be watching."


I'm also still working on that novel. You know, where there's a protagonist who learns a valuable lesson. Maybe changes...(KABONG!)

No comments: