Friday, March 10, 2006

Angry, Why I'm Not

When I began teaching, I had a fierce temper. I remember snapping at kids for things that kids do. My capacity for yelling was infinite. Needless to say, I stressed myself out all the time.

So recently I and several of my fellow staff members were involved in a scuffle with a student. The details are unimportant, but I remember asking the student to please relax and telling her that the only reason I was bothering her was that she was violating the rules.

Naturally, I was called into my bosses office. He wanted to know what happened. A fellow staff member looked at me and said "Brett never even raised his voice past a whisper." My boss looked at me, a smirk stretching on his lips.

All he could say was "That's the new Brett. I love the new Brett."

Thanks

No comments: