Monday, August 15, 2005

The Return...

Texas in August is hot. The kind of hot that constantly causes you to feel uncomfortable. Despite my ridiculously odd comments, it was actually coller in texas than it was in Connecticut while I was here. Despite the immense heat, I enjoyed visiting my brother Mark for the long weekend. We had a lot of adventures, so I'll just describe the best. My favorite part of the trip was on Saturday night when Mark and I went out for pizza and just talked about the old days. We told stories about our days at camp till really late and we laughed. Mark also shared with me something that was startling. Apparently I was expected by everyone to fail out of college within a semester. My family was utterly surprised when I showed up at the end of the first semester with Dean's list grades. Mark and I compared our perceptions of things that happened during my high school days and were shocked to find how different our interpretations were. I love sitting around and just talking to my brother. He is always insightful and fun. Visiting him was great. For now, I'm plane weary and want to take a nap. The cats also apparently have missed me...

No comments: